Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Grumpy

Poor Coulee. I was not in a good mood at the start of class last night. And a wild and excited dog who hasn't had dinner doesn't help. Class starts at 6 p.m. and I don't finish work until at least 6 p.m., later if I have to shuttle dogs home. And yesterday I had two dogs to shuttle. See my problem? So I ran around feeling stressed and rushed even though there is no possible way I'm going to make it anywhere close to on time. I won't be taking any more 6 p.m. classes - it just isn't worth the grumpiness.

Amazingly, Coulee managed not to push me over the edge last night and actually improved my mood. Her start lines weren't nearly as good last night but they weren't as brutal as they used to be. She made it over the dog walk without having a heart attack but her toes were spread as wide as possible and she definitely wasn't comfortable. She "rode" the teeter a bit (i.e. stood on it while Sarah lifted it up and down) but still isn't comfortable. Frustrating that two years ago when we started she had no issues, and now she does.

She did great at all the handling stuff like she usually does and her focus was very good. Her only problem was listening to other baby cuzes get squeaked. It distracted her quite a bit - it didn't help that I forgot hers!

While Coulee and I were having fun at agility, poor Lacey was locked in Lu's bathroom - she can get in, but can't get out. Marlin thought she was just sleeping upstairs but when I came home and didn't get a visit from her, I went searching. Sure enough, there she was in the bathroom. Maybe that will teach her not to go hunting for cat poo!

No comments: