Thursday, May 5, 2011

Park Lake



Lacey and I needed a change of scenery  (Coulee is limping like crazy so she is back on a no walk diet), so we headed out to Park Lake Provincial Park which is about 10-15 minutes from our house.


Lacey had lots of fun.  We were the only ones there (at least at the beginning) so she got some off leash time.  There were so many bird noises it took her about an hour to discover that some of the chirping were actually ground squirrels.  Amazingly enough, even after she figured it out she only "crittered" for a few minutes before ignoring them again.


There is a lake there (obviously) with lots of wetland areas around the side.  It probably isn't a very good swimming lake, but it is a great birding lake.


Taking pictures of birds with a dog in tow, is kind of a challenge although she did a pretty good job of stopping and standing still whenever I crouched down.


She even flushed out a duck for me.  :)


I think I'm going to head out there one morning without any pups to see if I can sit and get some closer pictures of the blackbirds.  There are red winged and yellow headed blackbirds everywhere.  The yellow headed ones are my favourites, until they open their mouth.... they have the worse bird "song" ever.


We even managed to spot the elusive Robin.  :)

2 comments:

Constance said...

Those are great! Let me know if you want some company when you're heading out, assuming I can tear myself away from Paisley!

Paws on the Run said...

Absolutely! We can try early Sat or Sun if you want.