Friday, October 12, 2012

Play Date


Amanda suggested I bring Vito along on my walk yesterday so he and Lacey could play. They don't get to see each other very much any more and when we ran into them the other day, Lacey was too overwhelmed to let loose and play.  They had so much fun.

It started off with Coulee fetching while the little ones ran and wrestled.


Vito got a mad case of the zoomies and just took off!  He isn't know for his speed on an agility field (he likes to trot) but he was just flying out there.



Vito normally barks at Coulee.  But yesterday the roles were reversed.  Whenever Vito got the toy he didn't want to let it go.  Coulee was getting more than a little impatient.


I love Vito's sideways eyes.


Vito is walking off to hoard the toy!




Yes it really was that windy.  The sand was flying everywhere!  I have lots of squinting photos and if you look closely you can see all the grains of sand flying by Lacey.





Coulee is getting really tired of this game!


My new camera can do multiple exposures and combine them in camera - no editing required.  I was struggling to get the dogs in position, throw the toy and push the button.  With Vito as competition Coulee wasn't doing her usual thing so our rhythm was off.  This will be much easier with someone else there or even with just Coulee.  But even with my limited success, I could tell this was going to be fun!


Oh V.  I do love you.


Nice Coulee.  Really nice.


Vito's dirty little secret.  Coulee does NOT look impressed with how he is treating the toy.  LOL


This is how Coulee prefers things - little ones wrestling, toy firmly in her mouth.


Near the end the little ones started playing in earnest.  Wrestling photos coming tomorrow.  Despite appearances they really do like each other!


4 comments:

Taryn said...

It's funny....having Vito in the pictures really helps put Lacey's size into perspective. She looks like a much larger dog by herself!

Susan said...

Playdates are the best! I love watching my dogs interact with their canine buddies-- they always have such fun, and usually sleep so well that night! :P
Beautiful photos, and love the multiple exposure shot...what kind of camera do you use?

Paws on the Run said...

Taryn, I've been hearing that a lot lately! She is pretty much the size of a corgi.

Susan, I just got a Canon 5D Mark III. Love it!

Andrea said...

Oh that camera is very cool, and obviously in the right hands! Oh Vito is so sweet!