Sunday, January 20, 2013

Project Life 365 - Week 3

Yikes.  This is almost becoming a weekly blog!  I've felt busier than usual since Christmas.  Constantly scrambling, nothing ever really getting completed.  I'm not sure what is different (other than this project), or how to fix it.  This weekend probably isn't going to help as Friday night I went and had some fun photographing a basketball game, then Saturday I spent the day taking in a photography workshop on editing and today I'm meeting my Dad and his wife Shelley in Waterton for a snowshoe.  (Can you just say snowshoe, the way you say hike?  Feels weird, yet right.)

Anyway, here are my pictures from the week.  I like looking at them all together because it shows me that I'm actually doing a variety of subjects even though it doesn't always feel that way.  I've had some more fun with the Lensbaby on days 15 and 17. I'm still struggling with focusing it but I'm getting better. :)


Day 13 - Forgotten
I've forgotten what it is like to sleep soundly through the night.  Luckily for me, I can usually fall asleep again fairly easily.

Day 14 - Temptation
I didn't really want to admit what all my vices were, so I decided to torture Coulee with hers instead.  I'm going to try this again one day.  I really wish you could have seen her face, but she refused to lay down on top of the kibble. Next time, I'll arrange the kibble after she is in a down stay.

Day 15 - Confusion
Ears up or ears down?

Day 16 - Sign of Winter
Wool and fur, don't leave home without it.

I have mixed feelings about the fur, just like I have mixed feelings about eating meat, but I feel it is OK if I am putting it to good use and provided it is obtained ethically.  On those really cold blustery days, this small amount around my face really does make a huge difference.  If you are interested in the fur policy of this particular jacket manufacturer you can find out more here - http://www.canada-goose.com/cp-faq/fur-policy-what-is-your-fur-policy/

Day 17 - This is so me
I'm one of those people that actually like rules. I think rules help make the world go round.

I even like the "Pets on Leash" rule which may surprise you as I constantly break it - but I only break it when we are alone. The dogs always wear emergency leashes around their necks and they both have a pretty decent recall in case they need to suddenly be on leash.

One of my biggest pet peeves is dogs running off leash when they should be leashed.  Ironic, I know.  But if I can see it happening, it means we are too close and the dogs should be leashed.

Day 18 - News
The sports news is the one section I'll skip completely in the newspaper.  Although I quite enjoy watching sports live, and I'm really enjoying photographing basketball, I don't actually care who wins as long as it is entertaining.

Day 19 - Style
No one would ever describe me as stylish.  I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl.  Plain Jane and boring.  That's me. But I did find a pink rubber belt that I love.

No comments: