Friday, May 17, 2013

An Evening Walk

Marlin and I went out for a walk in the evening the other day.  I normally walk the dogs mid day, but with Lacey not able to come, I'd rather spend that time hanging out with her and making sure she gets some decent outside and cone-free time.

We had lots of company from the birds that night.  At the entrance to the park was a hawk who agreed to pose nicely as long as we didn't hang out too long.


We saw a female blackbird doing the splits between two cattails.  ;)


The blackbirds are still not out in full force but they are definitely increasing in number.  The redwinged blackbirds are still spending more time in the forest rather than the wetland.  I always find this a bit odd, but they do it every year.




Coulee got to swim as much as she wanted as she didn't need to worry about her sister getting bored while waiting to keep walking.


To finish off the night we always have to do a few throws on dry land to attempt to dry Coulee off.


It never really works, but she doesn't mind.


I'm really starting to enjoy the warm evenings.  Summer truly is just around the corner!  I can't wait.

2 comments:

K-Koira said...

I'm glad Lacey is doing well, and that the rest of you guys are surviving all the craziness as well.

blissfulsally said...

No new posts but I'm sure you are busy giving Lacey extra love. We are still sending happy and healing thoughts her way!