Sunday, September 15, 2013

Waterton Weekend


We  had plans to go hiking in Waterton this weekend with my Dad and his wife Shelley... what we hadn't really planned on doing was camping overnight but at the last minute we decided to go for it.  It was our first trip of the season if you can believe it!  We got there pretty late on Friday (it was already dark) and thankfully Dad and Shelley had gotten us a site as the campground was full. We couldn't believe that is was full this late in the season, but it was such a gorgeous weekend, I'm not sure why we were surprised.


We spent Saturday hiking up to, and around, Bertha Lake. Dad and Shelley had never done the hike before and Marlin had only done it once, so it was a good choice. We hit the trail fairly early and didn't see many people on the way up. The way down was another story.  I had to actually carry Lacey across the bridge at the falls as I wasn't sure how she was going to navigate the small space jammed with people.  I was literally weaving in and out of them trying to get across.


We saw a few people walking around with their cameras in the hands and one guy hauling his up with his tripod attached and full extended.  I guess he truly wanted to be ready at a moment's notice.  It was the second time I wore my Cotton Carrier on a hike and I was pretty happy with it, although I haven't tried it with a big heavy lens yet.  By the end of the hike it was feeling a bit uncomfortable, but so was everything else.  :)


Today I spent hanging out at the trailer while Marlin golfed.  It was super peaceful.  I napped and read and just hung out with the pups. At one point I thought I might wander around and take pictures but that seemed like too much effort so these are all from the hike.


2 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

a much needed and deserved break!!! looks like a gorgeous place to hike!

Taryn said...

Such stunning scenery!