Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Little Fun

It was a really weird week... I have 4 coworkers and they all had something really sad or scary or devastating happen this week. Not only am I scared and worried about them, I'm literally down to 1 co-worker so we've had to reduce the hours at the daycare and let all the clients know and figure out how to make things work for the foreseeable future.

I've discovered that when you email 350 people a couple of times in one week, you end up having to respond to a lot of emails!  LOL.  All the clients have been fantastic though - super understanding, and lots of offers to help.

But today I needed a little break.  So I packed up the kids, borrowed Lorelei's lights again and went to the daycare to have some fun.


I find practicing with the lights really hard - I don't know what I'm doing and I can't seem to tell what is working or not working until I get them home and look at them.


I didn't have any tape to hang the backdrops up (I keep forgetting to buy it) so I ended up doing some with just one on the floor and nothing behind them.  In theory, if you have no backdrop, you can set up your camera so that the only things illuminated is the stuff that the light falls on.  It seemed to work pretty well for me!


And I tried some backlit shots which I quite like - although it give such an intense look, it reminds me of pictures of hard core athletes in a gym.


2 comments:

K-Koira said...

I like the backlit ones, and I love the one of Coulee where she is just running on nothing but pure blackness.

David James said...

Praise the Lord

How to hypnotize yourself

How to hypnotize someone