Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Slowly But Surely

I'm starting to use Photoshop more and more.  Don't get me wrong, I still like Lightroom, but even with it's new cloning/healing tool, it still doesn't hold a candle to Photoshop's and I often want to get rid of something in my photos.  Lately it's been the staining under the puppies' eyes and Photoshop does a much better job.  It's a pain to transfer them in there, but worth it in the end.

I'm also finding I need to use it for my 52 Weeks challenges and am slowly learning more and more "tricks" each week.  This week's challenge was symmetry so I ended up cloning Coulee and flipping her around to create a more symmetrical image.  I chose not to make the background symmetrical as I found it too distracting. I wanted it to look a little more "realistic"... that she'd actually found her doppelgänger and was having a game of tug with her.


I thought her play bowing to herself was also cute.  She's actually bowing to Marlin who helped me out with the tug.



This was a cool little wall that had this half circle repeating along it, that I photographed as a backup plan, (I didn't know if I would be able to get the tugging thing to work) but decided I liked the closer view better.



No comments: