Monday, March 24, 2014

Winter Walking


A week or so ago there was a nice sign waiting for me at my favourite winter walking place.  It "reminded me" of what the rules were - no dogs off leash.  I always knew this, which is part of the reason I go when there is no one else there.  But now they've put a sign right where I park - I feel like it was left there just for me as I'm pretty sure I'm their biggest "customer" in the winter.  There are rarely other tracks in the snow and it is even more rare for me to see someone else parked there.  I think there has been 2 times this fall/winter where I had to use a different section of the park to avoid people.   But with the sign there, it makes me feel guilty.  AND I won't be able to feign ignorance if I do get caught with my dogs off leash.


On really "yucky" days mid week, I still go to our usual park, but I've been going farther afield lately.  When I have time, we've been heading out to Fort Macleod - a town about 30 minutes from here with a dog park that is very under used - so under used I don't have any qualms about bringing Lacey.  We are more likely to come across wildlife or someone on horseback than we are to run across another dog.


When I don't have time to spend an hour driving, we've been doing walks in the neighbourhood.  I've been trying to walk the girls on leash a little more regularly...  It really isn't nearly as much fun for any of us though.  It's kind of like eating your vegetables - you do it because it's good for you.


No comments: