Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Unofficial Photography Project

So I've tried a few 52 week projects. I've even tried a 365.  And I've failed to complete them all.  But what I have enjoyed is the photos I get out of them when I put the effort into it.  So I'm going to be doing an unofficial 52 week project this year.  I'll be roughly using prompts from the "Creative 52" book by Lindsay Adler as well as some "shot ideas" from Charlotte Reeves' book "Dog Shots".  I hope to essentially plan a shot then go out and do it.  I find if I don't, I just do the same old, same old. Over and over and over and frankly it gets dull.  It was OK when Summit was growing so quickly as I was basically just documenting the changes.  But now that his growth has slowed down to a dull roar, I want to start capturing something a little different.

My last attempt at a 52 week project was two years ago.  The prompt was Colour and I loved the shot of Coulee that I got and I wanted to try and get the same photo of Summit.  It worked out perfectly.


Then seeing as we were out and about, we took some other colourful photos as well.




 I've got a few more I still need to edit too.  I'm already glad I've made the effort for the project.  It's nice to do something different every now and then.

No comments: